January 16, 2011

Christmas Dinner 2010



Ok, so this post is long overdue. The holidays are so busy, it always takes me a month to recover and pull my house back together. I love the holidays, but I hate all the clutter that gets left in the wake. I have a tradition that the day after Christmas I pull all my old clothes, that have not been worn in a year, out of my closets and give them to goodwill to make room for all of the new things I received as Christmas gifts. This definitely helps the house feel less cramped. Then on New Years day I de-Christmas the house. Then I spend the next week cleaning and reorganizing everything, and rearranging furniture. Now that I have successfully completed all my post holiday traditions I can finally sit at my computer and get to work.

Christmas day my mom always puts together an amazing dinner for the family. For the past nine years I have been the only one eating gluten free, but this year my cousin was diagnosed with a gluten allergy, so now there are two of us! This year every dish served was gluten free from appetizers to dessert. It was deliciously overwhelming! My aunt made delicious stuffed mushrooms with gluten free bread crumbs, a family tradition, that I hadn't had in years. My mom served roast, scalloped potato gratin, broccoli rabe, asparagus, and salad with pomegranate seeds and goat cheese. Everything was perfect! For dessert we had cupcakes, sugar cookies, and gingerbread men from the bakery (s0me how I forgot to get a picture of the dessert table, I blame the food coma). All in all it was a delicious meal, and nobody missed the gluten :)







No comments:

Post a Comment